From 15th to 17th of May 2015 principals and coordinators of German schools in Australia met in Sydney to explore the opportunities for cooperation and future development. The meeting was kindly organized by Katja Ezel, German Language Certificate expert advisor for Australia and representative of the Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen (German Central Agency of Foreign Schools Abroad (ZfA)) and the German International School Sydney.
The participants engaged in open discussions exploring the possibilities for future cooperation, development of marketing strategies, enhancing teaching practices, implementing language projects, and so on.
The participants were:
• Grit Beyer, German Embassy Canberra
• Eva Murer, Geckos, Melbourne
• Henning Holzheuer, Deutsche Schule Melbourne
• Jens Froese, Brisbane German Language School, Brisbane
• Sarah Fell, ACT German Language School, Canberra
• Markus Christmann, German Saturday School Sydney
• Andrea Bommers, Deutschstunde Sydney
• Uta Poltze, Deutschstunde Sydney
• Jonna Vinje, German International School Sydney
• and our own principal, Magdalena Doslov, GSS
It was decided that the next meeting will take place in Melbourne in March 2016.
We look forward to working together on strengthening the position of German language in Australia.